Two kids from Germany, a 6 year old boy (Mikah) and a 5 year old girl (Annalina), actually tried to elope to Africa to get married. They sneaked off in the middle of the night as their parents were sleeping. When asked "Why Africa?", they replied that they wanted to go somewhere warmer for their wedding because it was too cold where they were. They packed all kinds of things like sunglasses and sunblock in their little suitcases. The news report showed that these little scamps even had the presence of mind to bring along a witness for their marriage ceremony - Mikah's 7 year old sister. Of course, they didn't have any money for railway or plane tickets, so were stopped by the police who begged them to reconsider their decision, and were then returned safely to their parents.
1 1/2 cups gingersnaps
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup melted butter
2 rbsp brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the gingersnaps in the food processor first and blend till you get a coarse crumb mixture.
3. Then add the chopped pecans and pulse a few times.
4. Combine all the crust ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Use a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Form the crust by pressing the crumbly mixture firmly to the bottom of the pan and an inch up the sides. Bake this in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool.
2 8-oz packages of plain cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
2 tbsp milk/cream
1 cup raspberries (garnish)
1. Mix all of the above filling ingredients in a blender, making sure it ends up with a super-smooth consistency.
2. Pour this into the cooled crust and place in the oven for 55 mins.
3. Remove when done and let it cool for 20 mins before trying to remove the sides of the springform pan. Arrange raspberries on top as you please!
Hello my pretty. You look lovely this morning. Your color makes me feel warm inside. And NO folks, I didn't eat that entire missing slice ... I shared ... some.
WARNING: Licking your computer screen is harmful, considering you can't even remember the last time you cleaned it.